Our Safety Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission
The safety of our patients and our staff has always been a top priority at Manhasset Dental. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA). We are up to date on new rulings and guidance. We adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Our Office Protocols:
- We are minimizing the time spent in the waiting area and preserving social distancing from other patients; when you arrive, we ask you to call us from your vehicle, and we will confirm when you can come into the office
- Temperature screening via non-contact infrared digital thermometer for all patients prior to treatment and for staff multiple times daily
- Patients requested to use the available hand sanitizer upon arriving into the office
- All our Doctors, Hygienist and Dental Assistants will be wearing an N95 AND Level 3 face mask at all times.
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a face covering when entering the office until seated in the treatment room
- We are completely paperless; all patient forms and other communication can now be made available to you in a secure digital format
- In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters, doorknobs and restroom keys multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes and /or spray.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the Reception desk for your use before and after treatment
During treatment, the procedures and PPE worn by staff will include:
- Hands – washing our hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer between each patient and new disposable gloves for treating each patient
- Chairs – disposable chair covers and wiping the treatment chair, countertops and cabinets in the room between each patient with hospital grade disinfecting wipes
- Equipment – bagging and heat sterilizing all of our instruments
- Masks – N95 or Level 3 masks
- Eye Protection – dental loupes or goggles
- Face-shields – used during generation of aerosols
- Scrubs and head-covers – laundered daily
- Air filtration in every treatment room